Friday, January 7, 2011

I Can't Get Away from Spongebob


There he is....

I had just started working on my Spanish journal this morning when I heard a multitude of voices outside. My window, I'm convinced, has no sound-deadening properties whatsoever; if anything, it amplifies them. I looked outside and to my chagrin was greeted by this insipid buck-toothed smile (no, it was not my own reflection, thank you). It just reinforces for me how prevalent American culture is throughout the world. I heard Avril Lavigne in the super the other day. All the movies on TV are American movies with Spanish dubbing. It is just slightly disappointing. 

In other news - the food here is delicious. Did I mention that? 

My body doesn't seem to want to establish a normal sleeping pattern. Since we eat around 11 or, at the earliest 10, I'm not used to going to bed one hour after I've eaten. So the past few nights I've been up til 3 or so. This may be partially due to the fact that I don't have an alarm clock as yet and still haven't been able to run because it's been raining. If anyone sees Seth Case, please remind him to run. We're going to run the OKC marathon in May!

Houses here are small and expensive. Manolo was telling me that a house similar in size to the one we live in costs in the neighborhood of 200,000 USD. Parking is a huge issue in Spain at the moment. Cars line almost every street and if you drive you end up having to walk a long way anyway just to get where you want to go. 

 Check my facebook for more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment